Chief Technology Officer
ICwhatUC is a mash up AR / Web / Mobile / Video / Cloud & Field Service, our mission is to transform the way field work is delivered. We are a rapidly growing software technology company based in Calgary, Alberta and provide a video calling platform that uses augmented reality to simplify remote problem solving and contactless work for our customers. If you love how technology is transforming the way we work, keep reading!
WE WANT TO TALK TO YOU IF: You’re looking for the opportunity to be a part of more than just an amazing team; you want to be part of something bigger. This position isn’t for you if you’re seeking a routine office job. The best part about us? We’re not boring, average, or status quo. Our organization is small, but growing, and our greatest strength is innovation. We thrive on new ideas and taking risks. Does this sound like your kind of place? It gets better. We offer flexible vacation options and remote capabilities, an excellent benefits package, and a rare chance to be a part of the foundational development of this organization.
WHAT YOU WILL DO: ICwhatUC is seeking a Chief Technology Officer to amplify our growth trajectory. Although solid coding fundamentals are important, this is not just a software role, it goes beyond programming to running and growing a team, overseeing our infrastructure, managing the customer driven product roadmap, and boosting our growth opportunities. A unique technical skill set along with exceptional communication skills and leadership skills to deal with our customers, our team, and our investors. The successful candidate will take ownership of problems, and work to get things done.
YOU’LL BE SUCCESSFUL AT:
- Managing the software development and technology, and growing our local and remote team.
- Joining the ICwhatUC Leadership team and be motivated to drive the company forward.
- Working with ICwhatUC clients during the sales process to manage security, privacy and overall IT related matters.
- Working with the ICwhatUC team internally to improve stability, quality, security and privacy.
- Sharing the operational accountabilities of a growth stage company.
- Owning product timelines, delivery schedules, bug fixes & updates
- Managing budgets for product development, updates and major releases
- Balancing flexible delivery team mix of contractors and employees
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Software Development - Experience managing software development process from coding, coding infrastructure, code repositories, architecture, secure engineering principles, and change management.
- Infrastructure - Demonstrated experience with Amazon Web Services - ICwhatUC hosts its web based platform in AWS, and each of our clients get their own EC2 instance. Our ideal candidate will have experience configuring and managing AWS infrastructure, network policies, backups, monitoring and logging.
- Technology Asset Management - Manage the ICwhatUC teams internal technology assets and functions and needs. This includes overseeing our GSuite environment, our communications environments (Ex. Slack), and our file management systems.
- Compliance - Ability to manage compliance with industry leading security standards such as SOC2 and ISO 27001. ICwhatUC leverages Tugboat Logic’s Security Assurance platform and is actively pursuing it’s SOC 2 Type 2 Audit. The ideal candidate will help ICwhatUC complete it’s SOC 2 Type 2 Audit, will manage ongoing compliance, and proactively drive additional compliance as required. This will require understanding data architecture and how to not only meet business requirements but also keep our data and our client data secure. Beyond the management of external audits, the ideal candidate will help ICwhatUC employees and contractors with their internal commitments to maintain its status as an industry leader in privacy and security management.
- Data Driven - Experience using customer data tools and logging management applications. Currently ICwhatUC leverages a combination of Segment and LogRocket for data collection, and Amplitude as it’s Product Intelligence Platform. Our ideal candidate will have experience using these SAAS analytics tools and will take ownerships to provide insights to improve ICwhatUC software and ICwhatUC User Experiences.
- Client Focused - Experience managing information requests from clients. Many of our large clients have detailed supply chain processes that include assessments of ICwhatUC from a technology, security and privacy perspective. Our ideal candidate will have experience managing these types of information requests, providing detailed and accurate responses, and managing the process to achieve compliance.
- Collaborative - ICwhatUC believes in a focused and managed onboarding experience for our customers. Our ideal candidate will actively support the Sales Team in new pursuits on technical questions and challenges. Our ideal candidate will actively support the Customer Success team in new customer onboarding and customer on technical related matters.
- Communication - Demonstrates excellent communication, problem solving and presentation skills in both a virtual and in-person environment. Our ideal candidate will be relied upon for communicating to our team, our customers, our investors and future stakeholders.
- Vision - A passion for the future of technology including web augmented reality, data management and artificial intelligence will be key to the candidates success and the long term success of ICwhatUC.
- Passion - Demonstrated passion and excitement to be personally responsible for accelerating ICwhatUC’s vision and growth. Ready to manage a team, but always willing to roll up your sleeves when necessary.
- Minimum 5 years as hands-on developer/architect
- Minimum 2-5 years experience managing technical teams
- Preferred completion of a post-secondary degree in computer science, software engineering or computer engineering.
- Excellent knowledge and past integration work with Twilio and Twilio WebRTC.
- Proven knowledge of technology in all areas: systems, development/architecture, security, database to be able to oversee and manage and bring together all technology areas.
- AWS specific certifications preferred such as AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, AWS Certified Solutions
- Architect, AWS Certified Security, etc.
- Preferred experience working in a startup environment, developing a Minimal Viable Product and involved in scaling technology.
- Proven ability to set a product vision and roadmap
- Business acumen - must be able to approach technology issues from a business perspective.
- Is a self starter, flexible, demonstrates excellent communication skills.
ICwhatUC is an equal opportunity employer committed to accessibility and inclusion. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates. If you require an accommodation please contact email@example.com.
Thank you from the ICwhatUC team!